We collect different types of information:
- Personal identification information: It is collected on our Site in several ways, but not limited to when a user submits comments, completes a contact form, subscribes to a newsletter, registers or completes a purchase order. Requested information such as name, mailing address, postal address and telephone number, will be collected only if they are voluntarily sent by the User. The User may browse anonymously and refuse to provide personal information, however, this may prevent him from participating in certain activities related to the Site.
- Non-personal information: We may collect non-personal information about the User when interacting with the Site, which may include the browser name, type of computer, operating system, IP address, etc.
- Cookies: Our Site may use “cookies” to improve the user experience. A cookie is a text file stored by the browser on the User hard drive, fragments of information necessary for the operation of the Site. They can not run any code, they do not contain viruses and they can only be read by us.
The user can choose to reject cookies or that his computer alerts him each time a cookie is being stored, allowing him to decide whether to accept or reject it. As each browser is different, the Help menu of the browser must be consulted in order to know how to modify the preferences about cookies. If the User decides to disable cookies, the experience on our Site may be adversely affected and some services may stop working properly.
Use of personal data
AstreoBot is responsible for the correct treatment of the User’s data. The information is collected legally and fairly, and when appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the person concerned. The information must be relevant to the purpose for which it will be used, it must be accurate, complete and updated.
AstreBot collects Personal Information of the User with the following purposes:
- Improve the User’s experience on the website
- Customize the User’s experience on the website
- Improve our Website
- Respond effectively to the requirements and support needs of the User
- Understand how Users use the services and resources provided by the Site
- Improve our offers based on the information and comments offered by Users
- Process transactions
- Provide services when personal information has been provided when completing a purchase order
- Send periodic emails
The email address provided by the User to process an order will be used only to send information and updates of that order, as well as respond to support requests. If a user subscribes to our newsletter, he will receive information that may include news about the company, updates or information about products and services. The User can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time if he so wishes.
Conservation and protection of personal data
The User personal data will be kept while:
- a contractual relationship is maintained
- there is a legal requirement
- the User does not object to the processing of personal data
- or for a period of 10 years from the last confirmation of interest
Even if the consent to use the information has been withdrawn, we may continue to process the data to the extent required by law.
We protect and store personal information with reasonable security measures, to safeguard against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copy, use or modification of personal information, username, password or transaction information stored on our Site.
The exchange of sensitive and private information between the Site and the User is made through secure SSL communication, encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Legal basis for the treatment of personal data
The use of the data provided by the User is necessary for the management of relations with Customers, employees, suppliers and to comply with legal obligations.
At any time the User can oppose the use of his data and, therefore nullifying any type of data management, preserving it only for the time required by law. Keep in mind that the denial of consent may make it impossible to provide certain services.
Transfer of personal data
No data will be transferred to third parties (except legal obligation).
However, your data may be disclosed to AstreoBot professionals for the purposes of contractual compliance, or to service providers such as consultancies, computer services, cloud storage services, etc.
Rights on data
The user has the right to control his data and can exercise it at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
The rights he can exercise are:
- Right to request access to your personal data
- Right to request rectification or deletion
- Right to request the limitation of your treatment
- Right to oppose to data treatment
- Right to data portability
The user has the right to revoke, at any time, the consent for the use of the information. This does not affect the legality of the treatment due to the consent given prior to the revocation.
Likewise, the interested party may file a claim with the control authority for Data Protection, if he has not been able to exercise his rights.
He can exercise his rights by sending a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with his name and a copy of the identification.
Acceptance of the terms
By using our Site, the User expresses his acceptance of these privacy policies and the terms of service. If he doesn’t agree with this policy, the User must not use our Site. The continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to this policy will be considered an acceptance of such changes.
(Last updated: 01 september 2018)
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on the User’s hard drive. Cookies store pieces of information that we use to make our website work. They can not run any code and they do not contain viruses. No one, except us, can read our cookies.
We do not follow the User’s personal activities when they are not on Astreobot.com. We use analytical cookies to understand what content is most useful to our visitors.
Types of Cookies we use
- Security: These cookies allow us to protect access to the User’s account.
- Analytics: We follow and analyze the traffic trends on the web to identify popular content or any problems on the web.
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about the User to display advertising on our website.
Options regarding Cookies
The User can choose to have his computer notify him each time a cookie is being stored on his computer, allowing him to decide whether to accept or reject it, or to deactivate all cookies. As each browser is different, the User should consult the Help menu of the browser to know how to modify the preferences about cookies. If the User decides to disable cookies, the experience on the Site may be adversely affected and some services may stop working properly.
All Internet browsers allow the User to change the settings on cookies or disable them. The steps to do it are different for each browser, being able to find instructions in the browser’s help menu.
Browsers allow activating a private mode, which is called in different ways depending on the browser, by which cookies will be deleted after the visit. The most used browsers are listed below with the way they name the private mode and a link to cookies configuration:
- Google Chrome 10 and above: Incognito
- Firefox 3.5 and above: Private Browsing
- Internet Explorer 8 and above: InPrivate
- Safari 2 and above: Private Browsing
- Opera 10.5 and above: Private Browsing